Tuesday 9 October 2012

Crochet Ripple Blanket

Crochet is still a very newly learned skill for me and I am enjoying it immensely!  If you have been reading my blog, you may remember my first crochet project which I shared with you here.  Well as I continued on with my crochet I noticed that I was making errors somewhere because my blanket was starting to grow on the sides and getting smaller in the centre.  Being a beginner I really wasn't sure where I was going wrong exactly, but I did figure it out eventually.  So I put that whole piece aside and considered it my practice run to learn on.
 
Time to start a new Ripple Blanket, but this time I would remember to count my stitches. 
 

What a huge difference counting my stitches has made!!!

This new Ripple Blanket came with a change of colours too.  I decided to crochet it in one of my favourite colour combinations - pink and green. 


I am really pleased with how it is looking so far.  It was fun trying to find so many different variations of pink.  I have just used the one green though because I couldn't find another shade of green that went well with it, still trying to keep to that fresh lime green look.
 
So there you go, that is what has been keeping my busy lately.  I actually look forward to the time I spend waiting for my children at the school pick-up time because I take along my crochet and get a few more rows done each day.  Some in the evenings too if I can.  Slowly it is growing and the best part is that it has increased my love and appreciation for crochet.
 
Next I want to learn to crochet flowers.  I know there are lots of online tutorials to teach yourself.  If you know of one that is particularly good, I would love it if you could let me know!

 


4 comments:

  1. I love the pink and green ripple. Please advise if you have a pattern for this that you could share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blanket, may I ask the name of the yarn you have used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing similar pattern as pink and green with zig zag. I have been crocheting for years, but age has caught up to me. I know to make the bend, by putting 3 stitches in one hole, how do I make the opposite bend? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you have the pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete