Friday 30 August 2013

Handmade Cards - Stampin Up

One evening this week I had the opportunity to go along to a card making evening with some friends and it was so good!  I know that for many of you, you most likely do things like this often, but I don't tend to get out much, especially evenings, to do things on my own without the kids, so I totally enjoyed it!!

The cards were all simple to make and done using stamping techniques.  They were all made using Stampin' Up stamps.  The lady hosting the evening wasn't a Consultant for Stampin Up, but she very obviously favoured their products and had an enormous supply of everything to choose from.  It was fun using a different variety of stamps and ink colours to what I have at home.

Christmas Reindeer

This Christmas card has an embossed background, which was done using a Sizzix Big Shot Machine.  The brown card was lightly sanded after it was embossed, which brings out a two tone background - rather nice!

Coffee & Friends Card

Although I prefer Tea to Coffee, I still really loved this card.  It could be used for anything.  It doesn't look very complicated, and it isn't, but there are 3 different shades of brown ink to do all the stamping which gives nice colour variation.  All the splatter across the bottom comes from 3 separate stamps.  The band around the coffee cup is raised up to give the card some dimension.  All up a fun card to make.

Hexagon Card

This card, believe it or not, was actually the most challenging.  I used a new tool which I had never seen before and what it did was allowed me to line up my stamps exactly where I wanted them to go.  I tried stamping the hexagons freehand, which is never usually a problem for me, but could not achieve this same perfect look.  So I gave the tool a try and this was the end result, perfectly spaced little hexagons.  Each individual hexagon has been separately stamped.  I loved the colour palette of the ink pads in this one.  It was a great card to make and I like coming away feeling I have learned a new skill.

40th Birthday Card

This last card was something I made by myself at home for a friend's 40th Birthday.  I made a large card, double the size of what I would usually do, so that a number of friends could all write in the same card. The idea for the card design came from adapting another card I had found on Pinterest.  The green paper flower I made using an online tutorial and once finished, stuck a button on the top.  I loved how the entire card turned out.
 
I find card making to be so relaxing and almost therapeutic, I really should do it more often!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment